Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Home sweet home...

I took Carson home for his first trip to Florida. He was so good on the plane. I was really worried about the flights. I was terribly afraid of being "that mom" on the plane with the screaming baby. I just made sure I had a full bottle each time we boarded a flight and all was well.

Great Grandma House (Nana)

Great Grandpa House (Papa 2) - Funny story about how Papa 2 got his name...when my sister's oldest daughter Alex was little she wasn't sure what to call my Grandpa. My dad (her Grandpa) is called Papa so she intelligently name him Papa 2!

Aunt Rara (Tara) and Carson

Cassie (5), Carson, and Alex (8)

Zack (3) just loved playing with Carson and all the toys Mama and Aunt Mimi (Tammy) collected for Carson's visit.

Carson claimed Gabe as his pillow.

Papa has always been so good at putting babies to sleep. Each night I handed Carson to him and he rocked him to sleep. Unfortunately the trick didn't work too well for nap time. We had the darnedest time getting him to nap while in Florida...guess he was just too excited and didn't want to miss the fun!

Carson's first visit to the University of Florida Campus. Of course I took him to the Swamp (actually both of them). This is the real Swamp (Ben Hill Griffin Stadium). Home of the fighting Gators!!!

And the "other" Swamp - the restaurant. Many, many memories were made here in college ;-) One day Carson will make his own memories here. Hopefully as a student - the debate will continue for the next 18 years. I suppose it is his choice after all. However, until then, he's a Gator! He does have orange and blue blood just like his Mommy. So I say its a given!!!

0 comments: