Friday, December 3, 2010

Pregnancy Update - Week 35

27 days to go!!! I can not believe it. Brian and I were just talking about this last night. He feels as if it has gone by so fast. It feels like I have been pregnant for years.

We had our OB appointment today and she is still measuring right on track. My belly is at 35 cm. My doctor is estimating a baby in the mid to high 7 lbs. I will see it when I believe it!!! That is quite a difference from Carson's 9 lbs 5 oz. And unless Haley has other plans, she will be here on December 30th! We are scheduled for surgery at 7:30 am. Brian is betting on a Christmas Day delivery. I don't have a feeling for a particular day although I do feel she will decide to come early - likely when my doctor is on vacation, 12/24-29. We shall see!!! My parents are scheduled to arrive from Florida on December 22nd. Brian's Mom will also be here for Christmas and Haley's delivery. We are so excited to see everyone and share in this very special event and time of year together. We are so blessed!

December 3rd, 2010

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along:
35 weeks

Symptoms: 
  • Tired, tired and more tired.I am getting to the point where I feel like I need a nap everyday. I am not a nap taker so that hasn't happened. However, I vow this time around to learn how to nap when Haley arrives. I have also been waking up at ridiculous times. The last two mornings I have been up at 4:45 am and could not go back to sleep!!
  • My heartburn has gotten much better. I can't recall the last time I took Tums in the last two weeks. I think this has something to do with her dropping. I can really tell she has dropped. I feel like she is going to fall out most of the time. Ha! I have to stand up slowly. I assume it's because my muscles and ligaments are so stretched out and sore now that she is sitting much lower.
  • My appetite has leveled out again.
  • My PVCs are about average.
  •  Braxton Hicks contractions, all the time. They actually woke me up the other night. They are no longer only when I am active.
  • Emotions have subsided a bit, thankfully! A lot less tears and a lot more smiles :-) I am soooo ready to hold this precious little girl in my arms.
Weight gain: 29 lbs total

Movement:
She is just as active as she has been. She has the hiccups all the time, especially after I have eaten. I can feel her little head rotating in my hips. (If she is anything like me or our son, she won't have a "small" head). Most of the time it is not uncomfortable, just an odd feeling.

Preparations:
Christmas Decorations Up - Check!
Christmas Shopping - Check! (well 90% done)  
Gifts Wrapped - Almost done
I plan to spend this weekend wrapping up my Christmas shopping and working on Haley's nursery. It has become a storage room for the last few weeks. I think I have finally pulled all of the "baby stuff" out of storage and I am ready to put it all together. Carson has been obsessed with her room lately. He always wants to show it to us or whomever comes to the house. I figured I should get it presentable so he can be proud of it.
I bought my first box of diapers last weekend. Geeze, I forgot how expensive the massive quantities are. Carson is in pull-ups now and wears about 3-4 a day now. The box I purchased for Haley was $40. Eek.


Belly Shots:
I took some photos at 34 weeks and never posted them and I took more today at 35 weeks.  As you can see, my wardrobe consists of PJs and track suits. I have VERY little left I can wear otherwise and refuse to buy more maternity clothes.

34 Weeks

 The following photos are dreadful - in fashion terms. I can't wait to throw on a pair of jeans, a sweater and my cowboy boots. That will be a while, but that is what I dream of.
35 Weeks


And finally, a comparison photo.  Here I am at 36 weeks with Carson.
36 Weeks - Carson

Now for a little humor - for you, not me. Ha! Some of you know that I battled with severe edema in the last few weeks of Carson's pregnancy. Pictures can only do it justice....


 These are my feet at 36 weeks with Carson. I think I started to swell in week 35-36. Check out  these piggies!!! And if you think this is bad, I actually swelled more right after delivery. Thankfully I don't have any pictures of that. Well, thankfully for you.



And here are my piggies at 35 weeks with Haley. The swelling has started once again! As you can see its not as bad as last time...or not yet. I am hoping it doesn't get that bad, but at least I know what to expect. 



  And just in case you were curious and needed a baseline for comparison...here are my feet in my 7 week belly shots with Haley. Oh the joys of pregnancy!


0 comments: