Friday, January 14, 2011

Haley's stats - 2 weeks

2 Weeks
January 13th, 2011


Haley Grace, you are two weeks old today! I can not believe it.  It is still hard to imagine that I have a little girl. I am so blessed and my heart is so full.

The last two weeks feel like they have flown by and yet your birth feels like so long ago. My emotions have been on a roller coaster but I know that is to be expected. Thankfully, there have been many, many more highs then lows. The lows really aren't that low considering what I have in return. There are moments when I think back on my pregnancy, especially at the end. I think about how it was just you and me baby girl. Although pregnancies seem to be pretty tough on me, I will never ever forget those moments when it was just us. I loved carrying you in my womb. I feel so very blessed that God allowed me to bring you into this world.

I look forward to watching you grow and become a little girl. However, I vow to not let these days slip away. I hope to cherish each and every day with you because I know all too well that you will grow up fast.

1/3/11

At your first doctor's appointment at 5 days old you weighed 7 lbs 3 oz (50th percentile), you were 19 inches long* (25th percentile), and your head was 35 cm (80th percentile).

*Although you measured 20 inches long at birth, apparently the pediatrician's office measures you differently then the hospital does. 

You are still wearing newborn clothes. The 0-3 month clothes swim on you.

1/13/11

At your 2nd doctor's appointment you weighed 8 lbs 4.8 oz (55th percentile), you were 20 inches long (55th percentile) and your head was 36.5 cm (85th percentile).

You are certainly taking after your Mommy. I was a little porker as a baby (not that you are...yet) and I was short with a big head (still am, ha!).

You are now wearing 0-3 month clothes. The newborn clothes are too short on you in both the arms and legs. You are still in newborn diapers.

You can hold your head up very well. You are able to turn it from side to side when you are on your tummy. You sleep well when you are swaddled in your Miracle blanket. You haven't liked to be swaddled in your Woombie. I think its because you can  move your arms in it. When you are in your Woombie you grunt a lot while you are trying to get your arms free. I just love the miracle blanket because you look like a caterpillar in it. You sleep in the bassinet beside our bed. During the day you nap in either the bassinet, the swing or your bouncy seat.
You haven't taken a bottle yet. We have only tried a couple of times. I assume I will start bottle training you in the coming weeks so you are able to take one when you start at daycare when you are 12 weeks old. You pretty much eat every 2-4 hours. You go longer stretches at night which is wonderful! I try to make sure you eat every 2-3 hours during the day. You will take a pacifier half the time. I am hoping you will start to like it a little more, especially when you get in your "cluster feed" moods and I feel like you are at my breast all day (and all night long). You love to suck on your little hands and it is so cute when you have just your thumb in your mouth. You have the longest fingers. I don't ever want to forget how adorable it is when you are rooting and trying to find me. Your head shakes from side to side and your hands are in and out of your mouth. When you are hungry, you are hungry!!! Once again, just like your Mommy. You will nurse for about 30-40 min at a time. You get really sleeping so I have been changing your diaper about half way through so you will wake up.

You and I went on our first outing by ourselves to your 2 week doctor's appointment. It was about 35 degrees outside so I had you bundled up. It went really well. So well, we ran a couple more errands while we were out. One thing that is very different from when your brother was this age is that he was on formula for the most part and you are not yet taking a bottle. Thank goodness for window tinting! You and I were in the back seat of my car for about 20 min outside of Target while you nursed :-)

Here we are at Target


I look forward to our time ahead but I do hope it slows down a bit. We love you baby girl!!!