Monday, September 13, 2010

Jenni's Visit!!!

One of my dearest friends Jenni, my college roommate for 3 years, was in town this past weekend and we had such a great time! I already miss her and she has only been gone a few hours. I am pretty proud of the "tour of Austin" I prepared for her. We started "the tour" right from the airport. Carson and I treated her to dinner at Hula Hut on Lake Austin for some yummy Tex-Mex. Friday we we had lunch at my favorite restaurant, Bess Bistro (Sandra Bullock's restaurant) on 6th street. I was craving this yummy appetizer they have - steamed mussels in this amazing tomato and bacon broth served with grilled bread. I was heartbroken to see it wasn't on their lunch menu but Jenni sweet talked the waitress and let her know this pregnant woman has been craving it for weeks and she was able to convince the chef to make it for me!!! We went from lunch to my OB appointment where Jenni was able hear 'lil Miss Haley's heartbeat. 

We spent Saturday morning at home relaxing, then went and shopped for some maternity clothes, and were off to Trudy's for their Mexican Martinis - for Jenni, not for me ;-) We took in a matinee movie and then went home reminiscing about our college days. We spent about 2 hours going through old photos and remembering crazy stories. That was so much fun! Sunday morning we went to church and then Brian made us a super yummy lunch of shrimp and fillet kabobs. We capped the weekend off with a long, beautiful dinner overlooking Lake Travis at the Oasis restaurant as we watched the sunset. It was a perfect girls weekend!!! Thanks for the recharge Jenni! Love you and miss you terribly!!!



0 comments: