Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pregnancy Update - Week 29

I had an OB visit this week. My belly is still measuring right on track - 29cm for 29 weeks. At this point in my pregnancy with Carson my belly was already measuring at least 2 weeks ahead. She reviewed the results from my echocardigram with me from a non-Cardiologists point of view. The PVCs were obviously present. And other than that, there were a few other minor irregularities. Mostly things that tend to come with pregnancy and the increased blood volume during pregnancy. Other than those, my report showed an enlarged left atrium and a few minor to moderate leaky valves. She didn't seem to be concerned about anything but was curious to hear about the enlarged left atrium. I go back for my follow up with my Cardiologist in early November and we will see what he has to say.

October 21st, 2010

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along:
29 weeks

Symptoms: 
  • Energy levels are staying pretty consistent.
  • Heartburn in the evenings.
  • My appetite has not been great. I am eating pretty normal, just not craving much. I can't eat too much at one sitting.
  • Lots of PVCs...really no rhyme or reason as to when they come on.
  •  Braxton Hicks contractions. I mostly feel them when I am up and about - walking, cleaning, doing laundry, etc. Perhaps I can use these to my advantage to cut out some of house work?!?! Ha! 
  • Very emotional... I was not really that emotional with Carson. I can hardly remember shedding a tear unless I was watching something sad. This pregnancy is totally different. I have "my days" where I cry over just about anything. Perhaps its the extra estrogen with a girl in my womb?!?!
Weight gain: 20 lbs total

Movement:
Haley is still very active. She has a pattern to her activity. She is generally awake when I get up but her movements aren't too pronounced. She is usually the most active mid afternoon and just before bed time. I am curious to see if that continues after birth.

Preparations:
My Mom is here this week and I couldn't be more thrilled! We plan to work in the nursery. I have boxes of "baby stuff" in the garage we need to unpack and find places for in the nursery. She also brought with her most of the baby bedding and decor and my sister sent me the rest in the mail. I am so excited to get the room put together. And of course, we have a shopping trip planned!!

Belly Shots:

This was my mom's idea. Cute, eh?
This was one month ago (25 weeks).

0 comments: