Monday, December 6, 2010

Carson's International Night and Stage Debut!

We attended Carson's first school program on Saturday night - International Night. I have to say this was very emotional for me. I was so nervous. I did not know what to expect. When we left him he cried for us as he did not want us to leave him. The program started with the younger classes and in the performance before his a little boy screamed for his parents from the stage and cried the entire performance. It just broke my heart. I was so nervous Carson may do the same. Boy was I wrong! When the curtains opened I couldn't find him at first and that made me nervous. Once I saw him I was relieved. He was a bit reserved and then he started to really participate, as you can see in this first video. It wasn't until the 2nd song did he really break out of his shell.
All The Children Of the World - Carson 2010 from Kelly Schmitt on Vimeo.


Our friend Maggie was filming for me as I was taking still photos. Carson was really warming it up in this song. You can tell when he spots me that he starts singing directly to me. It was so cute. I had a smile so big across my face and tears in my eyes. I was so proud of him. My favorite part of this video is near the end when he sings "from the bottom of my heart" and crosses his hands over his heart. When he does that he shakes his head a little from side to side to emphasize the words. So stinking cute!!!!


This is the beginning of the song and Carson starts in line with the other kiddos.

Here he is starting to get a bit more comfortable.

Moving up to the front of the stage.

Here he is, front and center and loving the attention of the audience!

I just love this one. This is where he sings "from the bottom of my heart."



Proud Daddy!
Carson is growing up WAY TOO FAST!!! He is only 2!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: